Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) or HE-Shot therapy is a cutting-edge treatment that uses the healing properties of your blood to promote the regeneration of tissues and cells. This non-surgical and minimally invasive procedure provided at the HE Clinic Bangkok is becoming increasingly popular among athletes, celebrities, and people looking for a natural way to improve their skin, hair, injuries, and overall health.
Once blood is drawn from your arm, it is placed into a centrifuge, which spins around at rapid speeds to separate the platelets from your red blood cells, concentrating and activating the platelets. Following this, the platelets are injected directly into the injured, diseased, or dysfunctional target site to promote the release of growth factors. These growth factors allow muscle fibers, blood vessels, and nerves to be regenerated.
PRP therapy is usually well tolerated with minimal side effects. Doctors with extensive experience at the HE Clinic perform the procedure. The results can vary depending on the condition being treated, but many patients notice improvements within two weeks of the procedure.
There are several potential advantages to getting the HE-Shot at the HE Clinic in Bangkok:
- Minimally invasive: this therapy is a relatively non-invasive procedure that is performed on an outpatient basis.
- Use of the patient’s own blood: Since PRP is made from the patient’s own blood, there is little risk of an allergic reaction or rejection.
- Promotes healing: This therapy contains a high concentration of platelets, which are rich in growth factors that can promote healing and tissue regeneration.
- Reduces inflammation: Has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce pain and swelling in the affected joint.
- Possible alternative to surgery: this therapy may be an alternative to surgery for some patients, and it may help delay or even avoid surgery.
- Cost-effective: This therapy is less expensive than other treatment forms, such as surgery.
- Quick recovery time: This therapy is a relatively quick procedure with minimal downtime, allowing patients to return to normal activities sooner.
- Customisable: Platelet-rich plasma therapy can be customized to suit the patient’s needs, depending on the severity and type of condition.
- Multi-purpose: Platelet-rich plasma therapy can be used to treat a variety of conditions, including arthritis, tendinitis, ligament and muscle injuries, and osteoarthritis.
- Combination therapy: this therapy can be combined with other treatments, such as physical therapy and medications, to enhance the overall healing process.
Erectile Dysfunction (Stronger erection HE shot – also known at P-shot)
The theory behind using Platelet-rich plasma for ED is that the growth factors and other healing properties in the platelets can stimulate the growth of new blood vessels and improve blood flow to the penis. This can improve the ability to achieve and maintain an erection.
Studies have shown that Platelet-rich plasma therapy can effectively improve erectile function in men with ED. One study published in the International Journal of Impotence Research found that 80% of men who received PRP injections had improved erections, and 40% of men who had previously been unresponsive to other ED treatments reported a significant improvement.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy for ED is usually done by injecting the concentrated platelets into the corpora cavernosa, which are the two spongy chambers in the penis that fill with blood during an erection. The procedure is done in the clinic and takes about 30 minutes; recovery time is minimal, and side effects are rare. It’s important to note that PRP therapy is not a cure for ED and may not work for everyone.
Platelet-rich plasma therapy for hair loss involves injecting concentrated platelets into the scalp. The growth factors in the platelets can help stimulate the hair follicles, which can increase hair density and thickness. This therapy can be used with other hair loss treatments, such as minoxidil and finasteride, to enhance their effectiveness.
Studies have shown that PRP therapy can effectively promote hair growth and improve hair density. One study published in the Journal of Cutaneous and Aesthetic Surgery found that 80% of patients who received PRP injections had an improvement in hair density, and 40% of patients had an improvement in hair thickness.
It’s important to note that PRP therapy may not be effective for all types of hair loss, and it’s not a cure; it’s best to consult with one of our doctors at the HE Clinic.
PRP therapy has also been shown to treat conditions such as:
- Osteoarthritis: Platelet-rich plasma injections may help reduce pain and improve function in patients with knee osteoarthritis.
- Tendinitis: Platelet-rich plasma injections may help reduce pain and improve function in patients with tendinitis, such as tennis elbow.
- Ligament and muscle injuries: Platelet-rich plasma injections may help speed up the healing process and reduce pain in patients with ligament and muscle injuries.
- Rheumatoid arthritis: Platelet-rich plasma injections may help reduce inflammation and improve function in patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Platelet-rich plasma can also be useful for the following:
- Damaged joints
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Skin rejuvenation